• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested while helping an ODing friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emilyvb

:confused:CALIFORNIA. i was at a friends for dinner, and his dad ran downstairs and said my friend, (his son) was overdosing. so i ran upstairs to help him, and gave him cpr while his dad called 911. i gave him cpr until the cops and ambulance showed up, and ran downstairs to flag them down. when the cops came inside they said i was "under the influence". i wasn't at the time, but i am a recovering addict and at the time i was in a program, and had relapsed recently, so when they tested me i had drugs in my system. they also found paraphenilia and syringes in my purse that i had forgotten about and never threw away. and since the same cop that arreted me this particular night arrested me a week earlier i got kicked out of the program i was in. basically i want to know if they can arrest/charge you if you are helping an overdosng friend?:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">