• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested without charge?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

balbeq80011

Colorado. Is it legal to be arrested without being told WHY (the charge) or any rights, etc. then to be held in custody at least 4 days before beginning to find out why? Even if it turned out that the charge was valid? Also, if not, is it called "Unlawful detention" or what is it called?

HomeGuru

Colorado. Is it legal to be arrested without being told WHY (the charge) or any rights, etc. then to be held in custody at least 4 days before beginning to find out why? Even if it turned out that the charge was valid? Also, if not, is it called "Unlawful detention" or what is it called?
**A: we need more information. If it is not called unlawful detention, it could be called lawful detention. I guess you may want to hear it called kidnapping.

sandyclaus

I suspect you knew very well why you were detained and subsequently arrested. I presume you were read your rights and questioned during the beginning of that 4 day period. If you were smart, you called a lawyer who could easily have determined wjay the charges were.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">