• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assault and attempted robbery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Audreyub39

Killeen Texas.
I have a silly scenario but I was wondering about how much time or punishment an individual could receive for doing the following crime.
The fellow friends fall out and the friend ends up doing drugs and steals 20 Dollars from his best friend. Since he's been doing illegal drugs he's been saying a lot of rumors and truths about his old best friend. His best friend is so upset that he confines in another friend and they plan to get him back.
His friend plans a robbery since they know eachother so well.
The night of the planned robbery the guy who was stolen from beats up his friend really bad and hours later him and his friend drive to his ex best friends house to plan a robbery. At the last minute his friend decides to change his mind and gets out of the car. The friend on the other hand broke in the house and unfortunately a neighbor witnessed the incident and called the poilice. Since they knew noone would be home I was wondering how much time in jail the friend would do that beat up his best friend, drove his other friend to the house and changed his mind at the last minute?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Between your poor writing and your inclusion of many irrelevant facts I am having a very hard time understanding your post.

By the way, going somewhere to commit a robbery and then changing your mind is NOT attempted robbery. It's nothing.

I >think< your bottom line question is what are the possible penalties for assault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">