• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault charge....please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mad_as_snow

I have been charged with assault class 1 misdemeanor in Virginia. I do not have a criminal record. This occured at a grocery store on Sept. 17 when I was at the check-out. I have been accused of "squeezing" the cashier's hand when I took my change from her hand. I admit I was a little miffed after she told me I had to go to customer service to take care of a pricing error with my purchases but I did not intentionally try to hurt her in any way. I never threatened her nor did I make any motions to hit her so I don't understand why I am being charged for assault. I am not a violent person and I have never been in trouble with the law before. I did get arrested for this but was released on my own recognizance. The trial date is Oct. 30. I could use any advice you can give me right now. I don't have much money so I don't know if I can afford an attorney and I just want this to be cleared somehow. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">