• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kellybell19

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

My husband and another male got into an altercation. The man then came at him with a metal bat-like object at which point my husband drove off. The man called the police on my husband and they ended up getting him from the description of his truck a few streets away. The man claimed that my husband pulled a gun on him - the man was aware of my husbands gun, as they knew one another. The police searched his truck and ended up finding the gun (legal.) He was brought to jail and sat in there for 3 days before I could get him out. The police confiscated the gun until the trial date. My question is - how can we prove that he was the victim here. And also, if they "find" him guilty was is the punishment for such charges??? This is his first offense - he has a clean record and has never been in trouble with the law.

Thanks, Kelly

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">