• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault and drugs technicality question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

manhattanite

State: New York

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me about arrest procedure for assault while on narcotics. This is for purely educational purposes for something that I'm writing, but I'd really like to know.

Obviously when someone is taken into custody for assault, they are fingerprinted, right? But if there is a chance that they are doped up, is blood taken as well? And if it is, could that same sample of blood/DNA be used in a future case where the felon is charged with rape? Could they immediately identify him just from the comparison, without him actually being present?

Any information on this subject would be appreciated.

justalayman

You can claim research status all you want but you sure sound guilty to me.

Do a little research on DNA. Once they have dna the make a "print" so to say of the patterns. This is what is used in future comparisons to DNA found at a crime scene.

So I guess the answer would be yes if there is a DNA profile available and there was DNA from the rapist recovered, those two things could be compared to ID the rapist.

manhattanite

All right thank you. And yes this is purely for research purposes. I'm a girl. I'm also a writer and this is a subject I'm dealing with in one of my works. Appreciate your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">