• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attempted Murder?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

troutette

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I was told that a man I was a caregiver for was poisoned with cyanide. This was in June of last year. He didn't die from it, but is now terminal in hospice dying from something else. We severed ties shortly after the cyanide incident because he was using crack and alcohol and became angry and delirious.

Apparently he told the police that I poisoned him. I have not heard from the police at all.

Six months later now and I am being told by friends of his that he did indeed tell the police it was me and that the police are investigating. I was told I had motive since his will at the time left everything to me.

Should I expect the police to come to me for questioning? Is it possible that their investigation would take this long before they come to question me?

If questioned, what is the liklihood of them arresting me with no evidence? I DID NOT DO THIS. Would it be an attempted murder investigation or something else?

JETX

Should I expect the police to come to me for questioning?
Expect?? Who knows. Just don't be surprised when they do.

Is it possible that their investigation would take this long before they come to question me?
Yes.

If questioned, what is the liklihood of them arresting me with no evidence?
No evidence?? Unlikely that they would arrest you then.

Would it be an attempted murder investigation or something else?
Depends on what they find, if anything, during their investigation. Remember, there is NO statute of limitations on murder.

dave33

Absolutely seek counsel. It is very possible they do not have enough evidence to arrest you. That means if you are brought in for questioning they will be relying solely on the fact that hopefully you will at least incriminate yourself. As for your other situation, keep quiet. It seems to me that there is far to much going on for you just to explain it away. The police can question you at anytime, sometimes even try and surprise you (keep you off balance). The thing is that you have no idea where their investigation is taking them and you never know when/if a warrant for you is issued. As I go back and read your thread, it seems almost likely this is still in the investigation stages. No way to tell. Seems like alot more to this case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">