• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attempting to find possible warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dlevitan

What is the name of your state? Fl/La

OK, I live in Florida I'm trying to locate a possible out of state bench warrant (Failure to appear) in New Orleans. It was about five years ago and for a very minor crime (drunk and disorderly conduct) during Mardi Gras (of course) but I never contacted to courts because I was a young moron. Now, I'm trying to find if this thing is out there. I've tryed several online warrant searchs, the kind that take 72 hours and supposedly contact the county court directly for records. They have all turned up nothing. I'm still not convinced though, as I know online searches are sketchy at best. Is there any more acurate way to do this? As I said, I know what county it is in. All I need to do is find a way to access my possible court record. Is there any way to find this information? I know threads like this have been posted before, but they are usually more serious offenses or people trying to conduct nation wide warrant checks which I realize is almost impossible. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, if an employer does a finger print background check what are the chances of them finding this (if it is indeed out there)

seniorjudge

Dlevitan said:
What is the name of your state? Fl/La

OK, I live in Florida I'm trying to locate a possible out of state bench warrant (Failure to appear) in New Orleans. It was about five years ago and for a very minor crime (drunk and disorderly conduct) during Mardi Gras (of course) but I never contacted to courts because I was a young moron. Now, I'm trying to find if this thing is out there. I've tryed several online warrant searchs, the kind that take 72 hours and supposedly contact the county court directly for records. They have all turned up nothing. I'm still not convinced though, as I know online searches are sketchy at best. Is there any more acurate way to do this? As I said, I know what county it is in. All I need to do is find a way to access my possible court record. Is there any way to find this information? I know threads like this have been posted before, but they are usually more serious offenses or people trying to conduct nation wide warrant checks which I realize is almost impossible. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, if an employer does a finger print background check what are the chances of them finding this (if it is indeed out there)

Q: Is there any more acurate way to do this? As I said, I know what county it is in.

A: Louisiana has no counties. They have (civil) parishes. Go to the parish where you were arrested and ask at the courthouse. If they tell you those records were destroyed, then you are probably home free.

Q: Also, if an employer does a finger print background check what are the chances of them finding this (if it is indeed out there)?

A: About 50-50, more or less.

Dlevitan

Thanks.

A couple more things. I realize LA has parrishes, don't know why I said countys. And is there anyway to get warrant info without going to the courthouse? I know it's the best way, but driving all the way to La is a long drive and I have a current job that it would be tough to get off from. Is there any other way (Telephone, if I give all my identification and social security number, or maybe via fax) It just seems odd that the only way to get info is physically being in the courthouse, although I realize it might be the only way.

EDIT: I was also arrested for a DUI after this (in Florida) and it didn't come up there. Don't know if that means anything or not.

Last edited:

outonbail

Dlevitan said:
Thanks.

A couple more things. I realize LA has parrishes, don't know why I said countys. And is there anyway to get warrant info without going to the courthouse? I know it's the best way, but driving all the way to La is a long drive and I have a current job that it would be tough to get off from. Is there any other way (Telephone, if I give all my identification and social security number, or maybe via fax) It just seems odd that the only way to get info is physically being in the courthouse, although I realize it might be the only way.

EDIT: I was also arrested for a DUI after this (in Florida) and it didn't come up there. Don't know if that means anything or not.
Well, it certainly can't hurt anything to at least try contacting them by phone or by mail. If the warrant is listed with NCIC, then your local police department should be able to run you and see if it turns up. (Of course if it does, they can hook you up, but that is unlikely unless it's a felony warrant)

If these methods fail, contact an attorney who practices in the court you were originally supposed to appear in and see what they will charge to look into it for you.

Aside from that, your left with showing up in person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">