• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

avoided warrant arrests...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

innocentfugitiv

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I would like to thank everyone for taking their time out to read this post, THANK YOU!

My friend (say, his name was "B") was involved in a fight about a year ago (maybe less), and was recorded on video. This confrontation happened outside of a bar, and it was believed to be a gang related manner. What happened was, His younger kid brother (lets call him "A") was hanging out at a billiards right next to a bar, and ran into a kid he had had disagreements upon. Now this kid that "A" had conflicted with, is in a gang and has literally the whole pool hall behind him. They surrounded "A" and blocked the doors of the billiards so that "A" can't escape. So "A" then calls my friend and briefly explain the situation, then to go save him.

As an older brother of course anyone would jump out of their bed, (my friend "B" was sick at the moment) even though the flu hit em' hard, and go save their kid brother. So, given that his brother is hanging out in a pool hall, there must be a school of under aged teens hanging around. My friend then decides to call a couple of his close friends including I myself. (although this might not be the best idea to post this)

And so we arrived at the scene and to find "A" and a couple of his friends standing outside of the billiards. Apparently a passer-by somewhat settled it temporarily explained "A". But to ease the older brothers troubled mind, that there will not be "a next time", he decided to get "A" and the kid to shake on it. "A" agreed on it but the kid refuses. So my friend tries to somehow come to a compromise, and not have this fuss repeated. And while all this was taking place, slowly but surely the two brothers were being surrounded by the kid's friends and their intimidation. By that time, anyone would take caution.

When the kid and "B" finally agreed upon something to settle the problem, another friend of the kid, comes out of the next door bar, decides to jump into the business. The new guy (we'll call him "C") comes talking a lot of trash and foul language, then wants to pick a fight with "B". ("C" is a very fit kid and stands about 5'11 and maybe 180lbs, does not look his age) "C" calls "B" out in front of everyone, and insults "B" with his smart mouth. "B", as the older and wiser one, of course takes some calculations and precautions before anything. Meanwhile, "C" has already taken off his shirt and already in a stance ready to engage in a combat.

The couple of friends that originally came to help out saw that it wasn't gonna end good regardless. So one of them ran back to their car and grabbed a baseball bat, and the other grabbed a club lock. Right before "C" was about to throw the initial swing, the friends of "B" had already started charging at "C". and the fight just broke out there on. Most of the friends of "C" were just standing around. It was close to maybe a fair 5 on 5 or 6.

After the fight was broken up, and "C" was on the ground, "B" and the couple of close boys are retreating. And this is when "C" got back up the from ground and punched "B" in the face from behind. (causing him to lose 2 of his front teeth) At the time, "B" had the baseball bat with him, anyone would be furious if they were sucker punched. "B" had beat the hell out of "C" for that. After that was broken off.. "B" rushed out of the scene. Not knowing "C" was only 17 years old. and "B" was 24. Even after all that "C" was able to get back up and run around screaming "I'm still standing.. WHAT!"

Unfortunately "C's" father happens to be an officer, and the very next day went all over the nearby commercial areas to ask for their surveillance tapes. (including the bar) about a week or two later, there was a warrant arrest issued out for "B". However they never caught "B" and still did not. "B" was told by numerous people to just hide out somewhere and stay away for a while, at least until situations cooled down. The detectives that were on his case always went to his house around 3-4am, and that occurred several times.

Anyone out there have any suggestion my bestfriend can do or should do? Does he have any options? They charged him with ASSAULT 2 and currently MIA. Any feedback would be appreciated. THANK YOU all again for taking this time out to read this posting, i know it is long.

Last edited:

outonbail

Let’s see if I can unscramble this bowl of alphabet soup and make any sense out of it.

The OP is posting for friend “B”, who is the older brother of “A”. “A“ called “B“ for help from a pool hall because he was outnumbered and about to get his “A“ kicked.
“B” jumped into action even though he had the “FLU”.

The first thing “B” did was to call his friends, including the “OP”. Once “B got all his friends together, including the “OP”, they were ready to “R&R”. Before actually going to the pool hall, “B” grabs himself a baseball bat. (hereinafter referred to as the “BB”)

When “B”, along with his “BB”, various friends and of course the “OP” all arrive at the pool hall, they find “A” and his friends outside, unharmed and no more confrontation.

Now this would have been the perfect opportunity for “A“, “B“, the OP and all the other hired muscle to leave, as there was no longer any threat to “A“.

While the decision to leave was the logical choice, “B”, who was suffering with the FLU decided to choose a different course of action making it painfully obvious that “B“ has a low digit “IQ“

After “B“.has had enough fun in the pool hall and settled all disputes for “A” with a little help from his “BB” everything appears “A-OK”

Unfortunately for “A”, “B” the “OP” and crew, along comes “C”, who was leaving the bar next door. Now “C” starts round three, which becomes a little more physical.

Before the fat lady gets to singing, “C” cold ****s “B”, who was still in possession of his “BB”. This Po’d “B” and so he proceeded to use his “BB” to school “C” on proper swing technique. Subsequent to a grand slam or two, this night of fun winds down and everyone goes home.

Unfortunately when “C’s” dad sees “C” and his bat shaped bruising, he takes action. Apparently “C’s” dad is a “LEO” and he does some evidence gathering, obtains some video and decides to speak to the “DA”

The “DA” decides to file charges against “B” and has a judge issue an “AW”

So now “B” and his “BB” are “MIA” and so the “OP” is here trying to find some information he can use to help “B” since “B” is “MIA” and of course “SOL”

SO, have I got all this “BS” right so far?

CdwJava

Okay, now THAT was great! :D

This is why cops and DAs hate bar fights.

As my DA once wrote on a rejected complaint request from a bar fight, "Drunks doing what drunks do."

In this case, I suspect "B" is facing some very serious charges - and rightly so. About all that can be done is chip in for an attorney because he would appear to be in some serious hoo-haw!

- Carl

innocentfugitiv

thanks for the response guys.. actually, outonbail, sorry to confuse you.. the fight never broke out until the cops son "C" showed up from the next door bar. and provoked a challenge to one on one. And the bat wasn't in "B"s possession until during the brawl. the "BB" wasn't "B"s.. "B" snatched it from one of his close boy while they were hitting home runs. even after the kid was beat down the 1st time, he decided to get back up and act like a tough guy. he then sucker punched "B" from behind. and thats when "B" actually used the bat to hit a grand slam. and even after that the kid got up screaming for more.

my question is. can the father of "C" actually go to the bar and the close by places to retrieve surveillance like that? (with his status of an officer?) and can this be a case of self defense? "C" did initiated the fight verbally.. and "C" did get up and punched "B" causing his two front teethes damage.

Last edited:

outonbail

after the kid was beat down the 1st time, he decided to get back up and act like a tough guy. he then sucker punched "B" from behind. and thats when "B" actually used the bat to hit a grand slam. and even after that the kid got up screaming for more.
The bat must not have been heavy enough .

my question is. can the father of "C" actually go to the bar and the close by places to retrieve surveillance like that?
Sure, anyone can go ask them to voluntarily provide the tapes. If the bar wants to provide evidence to the police that they were serving alcohol to "C", the underage son of a police officer, they can.
and can this be a case of self defense? "C" did initiated the fight verbally.. and "C" did get up and punched "B" causing his two front teethes damage.
I think "B" threw any chance of claiming self defense out the window when he called his friends and loaded them along with baseball bats into his vehicle. Then, he didn't go home after first arriving to find "A" wasn't in any danger and everything had already been defused.
Because he was already loaded for bear and didn't want to call it a night before he had a chance to thump a few melons. "C" gave him the opportunity, "B" accepted and "B" got to do exactly what he went there to do, thump a melon.

Now how do you figure that is self defense?

There is no way he is going to get out of this situation unscathed without a good defense attorney.
Even with an attorney, if "B" has a prior criminal record, especially convictions for any violent crimes, then the question is not if he's going to jail, it's for how long.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">