• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Background check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pauli680

What is the name of your state? New York

About 5 years ago i was arrested for a dui (i was smoking weed with a friend and we got pulled over at a police checkpoint on memorial day)............It was a first offence so i was alowed to plead down to dwi and was convicted of that. I was 18 at the time so i had to pay about 1000 in fines and attend a drinking and driving semminar.. My question for you guys now is , I am about to graduate college and am going to apply for some government jobs.........When they do a background check will they see that i was arrested for dui (drug related offense) or that i was convicted of dwi ( bad, but not as serious). What exactly can a gov agency / military see on a background check?? Can they see if you plead down to something??? I havent been in trouble with the law since

P

pauli680

Sorry about the duplicate post , i wasnt sure what forum my question would be most appropriate in , so i just put it in both................I am a new user , ........so im sorry if used bad form in posting this twice, but i could really use advice on this matter!!!
Please help if you can!!!

F

freeou8122000

YOU'LL BE FINE

I work for North American Security Dealer(NASD) and my colleage has 2 DWI along with few domestic violence charges before he joined the company. He had no problem obtaining SC and passed background checks with a breeze. Don't screw up again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">