• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Background check on myself?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alpha13

What is the name of your state? California

I'd like to do a background check on myself to see what shows up. After speaking with 3 lawyers over the phone I am not sure what to expect. Once lawyer told me my offense (PC211) is serious enough that it will show up on my record and there is no way to have it expunged or even reduced. Another said it won't show up becuase my juvenile record can not be seen by anyone. However when I sent a petition to have my record sealed, it was denied to to the offense being a 707b. I have to wonder why they would deny the petition to seal my record if the record is not viewable in the first place. I have changed my ways and am trying to get into dentistry but I don't know if this is possible anymore. I have to be able to get into a dental school as well as get licensed. Back to my original question, where can I get a background check that reveals the same information that a dental school would see?

Thank you

seniorjudge

Call the dental school and ask them which service they use. Then use that service.

(BTW, disclosure is always the best idea.)

Alpha13

If I disclose my felony I have no chance of getting into a school. My question wasn't asking about using the same service that a particular service will use, just a service that will show the same background info that a school would see (as I'm sure more or less info is available to different people) But the same service will also work obviously, so I'll try that.

CdwJava

It depends what they use. If you must be fingerprinted pursuant to state law (for licensing or mandated background clearance) and they submit those prints to the FBI and to the CA DOJ, then they may well see your convictions from those sources.

To find out what you have on your CA Criminal History, check this link for info:

http://caag.state.ca.us/fingerprints/security.htm

For the FBI criminal offender record you will have to call your local FBI office and find out who to contact.

- Carl

CdwJava said:
It depends what they use. If you must be fingerprinted pursuant to state law (for licensing or mandated background clearance) and they submit those prints to the FBI and to the CA DOJ, then they may well see your convictions from those sources.

To find out what you have on your CA Criminal History, check this link for info:

http://caag.state.ca.us/fingerprints/security.htm

For the FBI criminal offender record you will have to call your local FBI office and find out who to contact.

- Carl
This is what liscense boards across the nation use they do not use a company to check your background out before they issue a liscense. They take fingerprints send them to your local california state criminal records bank (DOJ) then it goes to the FBI. I am sure that there are some doctors out there that have felony criminal convictions but they are very rare since that is grounds for immediate denial. Check with your local state board of denistry. I am sure that they can tell you. If you do get an expungement then they will not report the record but if you do not get the expungement then the record will show up. Some states like mine (I am almost positive california is the same way) do not get a list of convictions. They get a report that says something like "disqualifing record found" or " no disqualifing record found"....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">