• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

backround

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dollar bill

i live in arizona- in 2002 i was arrested for identity theft in delaware- the charge was reduced to attempted theft- a misdimeaner- i took a plea so i could join the military- iwasnt given any fines nor was i placed on probation- i recently applied to become a police officer- as for my backround an i a convicted felon-

snostar

dollar bill said:
i live in arizona- in 2002 i was arrested for identity theft in delaware- the charge was reduced to attempted theft- a misdimeaner- i took a plea so i could join the military- iwasnt given any fines nor was i placed on probation- i recently applied to become a police officer- as for my backround an i a convicted felon-
If you incuded all prior convictions in your post then read it again, the answer is right there staring you in the face.

Neal1421

dollar bill said:
Do you have a legal question?

CdwJava

dollar bill said:
If you pled to a misdemeanor, then you are guilty of a misdemeanor.

HOWEVER! The circumstances of your offense is one of moral turpititude and this will exclude you from employment with most law enforcement agencies. Your crime will make it tought to get hired, but not impossible. Expect more than a few rejections in the background process.

- Carl

CdwJava

Earthmother said:
You sound like perfect police material to me......
Nice of YOU to think so.

In reality, he'll have a tough time of it. In CA he'd likely not get a job at all.

- Carl

Betty

Your past behavior & choices you have made must demonstrate positive traits that will support your candidacy for a police officer. They are held to the highest level of integrity & honesty. The selection process is very competitive & there may be other candidates that are "squeaky" clean. Az. will not consider someone for a police officer job if they were ever convicted of a felon - misdemeanors are discretionary. Definitely, do not lie on an application to become a police officer re any past arrests - when they do a background check & find out that you lied, you will not get the job for sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">