• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wife88

What is the name of your state? ga
I have a few questions.
How long after they arrest you, can they detain you without setting bond if it is done on a Friday afternoon and the warrant was issued in a different county and they have you detain in your county and have to pick you up?

If it is a misunderstanding, can the person who swore the warrant drop the charges and what has to be done?

Here's what happen in short. Wrote a check for 1800.00, the company involved guaranted the check through a check system.
The company than put the check through before they agreed to.
It bounced. They then put it through again a few days later and it went back. Thay never called and requested anything. To make matters worse I work for the same corporation, not the same store, but same city. They could of called him,even took his check or made arrangements for this but never heard anything. This was in July. Now in Oct got a visit from the sheriffs dept and they arrested him. They breached the agreement with the guarnatee company therefore could not use them to collect the money. What can be done?

S

sdstrooper

Go to court, plead not guilty to the charge, and have the company that gave you the check or whomever the problem came from testify/explain. Or, get the company's lawyer to contact the prosecutor and explain the situation and see if it can be dropped from there.

wife88

bad check

I wrote this on Saturday, he is still in jail in our county and has not been picked up or offered a bond hearing and it's Monday at 12:00pm...how long can they detain him...In Georgia it states 72 hrs or they have to release him.

S

sdstrooper

Have you tried contacting the department that is detaining him and asking them how long he is being held for?

wife88

Yes I sure did. They said the county which is 45 miles away is suppose to come and get him. That was Friday at 4 and then after midnight then Monday morning....It is now 1 and nothing yet. How long can they keep him with no bond or judge and hearing? Georgia says 72 hrs? Is that true.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">