• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Checks...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Monimab

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I posted earlier trying to get info on criminal prosecution for bad checks but got a lot of views but no info...
All I'm needing to know is if they have a deadline to criminally prosecute? I found two different references giving a year and up to 5 years....
I'd really like any help possible because I don't want to go to an attorney and spend all that money to do a background check and all the research if its unneccesary! I've even went to see if the police station would run a background check for me but they will only do for the county I reside in. Which doesn't help if there are any warrants out across the state.
And before I get any smart posts saying that I should have known better before writing bad checks...Newsflash I keep an astounding record of my books just was stupid enough to think family wouldn't screw family and steal closed account checkbooks for a shopping spree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">