• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

baffled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

svfox

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? virginia

I and a friend are helping someone who scammed out of $70,000 in house repairs/work. The city sent the files to DPOR?? The regulatory agency? After 2 months of laying out the details, proof, checks, case, she sends an email yesterday that I got forwarded today saying 'charges for contracting without a license have been issued' or something like that. I'm sitting here with my friend going wtf, its like a huge waste of time thinking she was doing a fraud case. Now we find out she did basically nothing we could have dont 2 months ago just walking into the court house and filing. I find this unbelievable. Are these just minimum wage workers. She acted like she needed all this to go ahead and prosecute and this is like a junk charge.. We expected much more in line with felony fraud. Then she added they just send notice or summons to the last known address.
Why didn't she just say I will not do much so why don't you contact the county law enforcment or fraud division there**************

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? virginia

I and a friend are helping someone who scammed out of $70,000 in house repairs/work. The city sent the files to DPOR?? The regulatory agency? After 2 months of laying out the details, proof, checks, case, she sends an email yesterday that I got forwarded today saying 'charges for contracting without a license have been issued' or something like that. I'm sitting here with my friend going wtf, its like a huge waste of time thinking she was doing a fraud case. Now we find out she did basically nothing we could have dont 2 months ago just walking into the court house and filing. I find this unbelievable. Are these just minimum wage workers. She acted like she needed all this to go ahead and prosecute and this is like a junk charge.. We expected much more in line with felony fraud. Then she added they just send notice or summons to the last known address.
Why didn't she just say I will not do much so why don't you contact the county law enforcment or fraud division there**************
Did you have a legal question? There's no way we can guess the "why" of how they proceeded and what charges they decided to file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">