• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bail Money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

3LTouro

What is the name of your state? New York
Is there a statute of limitations that governs how long bail money is recoverable after final disposition of a case (which occurred about 4 years ago)? I have $500 bail that is owed to be, minus 10%, but i have not made any inquiries about it to the court in the past three years.

BL

What is the name of your state? New York
Is there a statute of limitations that governs how long bail money is recoverable after final disposition of a case (which occurred about 4 years ago)? I have $500 bail that is owed to be, minus 10%, but i have not made any inquiries about it to the court in the past three years.

Generally bail money is returned to the owner once the case is concluded. A notice to release bail should be issued from the court room on the same day the court case is finished. There are no checks issued from the court. If you haven't received your bail money within four to six weeks from the last court date, contact NYC Finance Dept., 1 Centre Street Room 2200, New York, NY or call (212) 669-2879.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">