• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bar owner accused, protocol followed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gasalleypub

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin
I was handed a ticket on Nov 4 stemming from an arrest made on Oct 30.

The ticket is for having an underage person on premises. The supposed minor was pulled over after closing time and told the officer that she had been drinking in my bar. This particular night I had a doorman checking IDs, and am quite sure that she was not in here or had been turned away. The minor was never seen here by the officer, and I got a citation anyhow.

Is this even legit? If she was in here did she have a fake, and say she wasnt carded to hide it? Did she go to another bar after getting turned away, and threw me under the bus because she was upset at being denied and didnt want to cause trouble with those that served her?

Any help would be appreciated!

ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

Is this even legit? If she was in here did she have a fake, and say she wasnt carded to hide it? Did she go to another bar after getting turned away, and threw me under the bus because she was upset at being denied and didnt want to cause trouble with those that served her?
Those are all good questions for your attorney to ask at the hearing.

CdwJava

The state will have to prove its case. if all they have is the word of an underage girl and nothing else, then the case is going to be fraught with reasonable doubt from the start if no one in your bar can recognize her as having been there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">