• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

battery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

misslizzy217

FLORIDA.
Ok my boyfriend got into a fight at a bar 10 months ago. there was 3 guys on the "victims" side and 3 guys on his side. The "victims" side started the fight but all in all everyone was fighting. the "victim" received a broken nose and broken orbital floor (his eye). well they say my boyfriend did it, everyone was drunk so just how are they gonna prove that and noone at the fight ( besides my bf friends) know who he is. well one of the boys who was with my bf was picked up on a warrant for the fight, and from what he says is that he is not going to " take the charge" and he is going to tell the judge it was my BF. he has 2 prior felonies for non violent ( posession charges) what should i expect?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
FLORIDA.
Ok my boyfriend got into a fight at a bar 10 months ago. there was 3 guys on the "victims" side and 3 guys on his side. The "victims" side started the fight but all in all everyone was fighting. the "victim" received a broken nose and broken orbital floor (his eye). well they say my boyfriend did it, everyone was drunk so just how are they gonna prove that and noone at the fight ( besides my bf friends) know who he is. well one of the boys who was with my bf was picked up on a warrant for the fight, and from what he says is that he is not going to " take the charge" and he is going to tell the judge it was my BF. he has 2 prior felonies for non violent ( posession charges) what should i expect?
You weren't involved. YOu should expect that your boyfriend will need a lawyer and may go to jail.

misslizzy217

Thank you so much for taking time to answer me.No i wasnt involved at all, I was actually 9 months pregnant and out of town. you really think he could see jail time? that is my worse fear right now. i was hoping i guess that everyone would say " no way he wont get charged, they CANT charge him with that" but reality is always harsh! if anyone else could please answer also so i can kinda see what everyone thinks. i need help. :(

FlyingRon

"He started it" is not a defense.
Retaliation is not self-defense.
Your BF needs a lawyer.
Jail time is a possibility. Whether or not it is likely depends on the court.

HomeGuru

Thank you so much for taking time to answer me.No i wasnt involved at all, I was actually 9 months pregnant and out of town. you really think he could see jail time? that is my worse fear right now. i was hoping i guess that everyone would say " no way he wont get charged, they CANT charge him with that" but reality is always harsh! if anyone else could please answer also so i can kinda see what everyone thinks. i need help. :(
**A: you are not going to see what "everyone thinks"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">