• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Battery on LEO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ecross63

What is the name of your state? Florida
I was arrested for a domestic violence incident. When the officers (3 male) were at my home ( I called 911) I stupidly went to slap my husband and they threw me to the floor. One officer stated that I tried to strangle him and now I have a battery on LEO charge. We have no prior DV issues, no records, just an argument out of control. I am right now between jobs and cannot afford an Attorney. I am joint owners on our home, yet there is no equity on the home as yet. What could happen if I attend the arrainment and tell the judge I need an attorney then? Will they offer me a lesser charge or will they assign me an attorney? Can my husband who is the reported victum in this case also call the officer to see how the state is proceeding? We know the battery on LEO was a hyped up charge and if contact was made, it was only during my falling to the floor, and no contact was agressively or intentionally made. My husband did not press charges, yet the state did.

ecross63

Thank you for writing.... 3 officers trew me to my marble floor using excessive force..... while on the floor, one officer started to say in a lound voice over and over that I had tried to strangle him, I was crying on the floor. My brother was on the force over 25 yrs and I know exaclty what NOT to do with law officers, whichis why in my past I've never had a moving violation. To cover the officers aggresive moves, he had to cover their actions. I received a black eye, was leg swept and ankle twisted to the floor. At the jail I was held in a cell over 8 hours before moving to the womens location. I kept asking for a nurse for I could not walk. They kept saying that I had seen one, yet when I was released, the exit nurse went to look for my papers and there was no record of seeing me. Again, they wanted no evidence of the incident. I first need to have the charges dropped then I can purse other charges if needed. I have full pictures of the eye, the bruse marks, the doctors report for the knee, I went the next day to my private MD. I am a middle class white woman, and the police acted poorly, to say the least.

ecross63

In addition, they injury was a small cut on my husbands finger that he sustained while he broke in the bedroom door that I had locked my self in. That little bit of information was never written in the police report. Would not that breaking down a door be considered as a threat? I told the officers that this had happened that was the reason for the 911 call. Of course my husband at the time denied it and I went to slap him for lying in front of the officers, bad mistake, and they grabbed abd threw me to the floor as I mentioned. They never even heard my statement of events for they took me to the police car in only a t shirt. I was in bed asleep when my husband came in late, so I was not clothed. They did not even bring me a bottom. The case is extremely questionable

ecross63

I do acknowelge that I have some anger issues and have actively saught out and have started to get some counsel. I am not shifting responsibility, and understand wholly the consiquenses that I now have to withstand due to my improper actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">