• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BB gun

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taty0831

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL
My dad was arrested for supposely pointing a gun at somebody while driving. He was arrested and released on a $11,000.00 bond. He is being charged with three felonies, twice with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon with no intention to kill and once with posession of a fire arm. My dad did have a broken and unloaded BB gun in the car but claims that he never pointed the gun at anybody. We hired a lawyer and he said he was going to try to dismiss the case but we just learned that it wasnt possible so we just want to know what to expect regarding everything from trial, sentencing, etc.

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL
My dad was arrested for supposely pointing a gun at somebody while driving. He was arrested and released on a $11,000.00 bond. He is being charged with three felonies, twice with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon with no intention to kill and once with posession of a fire arm. My dad did have a broken and unloaded BB gun in the car but claims that he never pointed the gun at anybody. We hired a lawyer and he said he was going to try to dismiss the case but we just learned that it wasnt possible so we just want to know what to expect regarding everything from trial, sentencing, etc.
It's quite a coincidence, don't you think, that someone accused your father of pointing a gun and he just happened to have a gun in his vehicle at the time. How did the reporting person know about the gun so they could make the accusation?

JETX

we just want to know what to expect regarding everything from trial, sentencing, etc.
He goes to trial.
Both sides present their cases.
Court decides whether he is guilty or insufficient evidence to determine guilt.
If guilty, court assesses appropriate punishment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">