• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being investigated for indecent exposurein front of a minor, Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jpaul

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I need to know what I need/should do to assist me with this issue

I am being investigated for indecent exposure with a minor. I need to know what steps I need to take as well as information reguarding potential penalties.

I was staying with the plaintiff in my case when I moved to this state. While she was out of town I went out and drank too much and brought home a member of the opposite sex and some of my fluids had landed on her 2 month old childs blanket. Sparking the plaintiff to investigate. She contacted police and they had notified me that the child was sleeping in his crib at the time I brought this woman home. I was not aware the child was on his crib due to my alcohol induced state when returning home. The investigators reviewed the nanny cam, which I wasnt also not aware was in the room. Based on that evidence it became clear that I could not be charged with a more serious crime. As, a result they are investigating me for indecent exposure in front of a minor.

I am just under investigation, but have tried to gather information to help with this and have so far failed. Only thing I believe I did wrong was having a woman over and not paying attention to who or what was in the room. I was offered the room by the plaintiff that I could use for some privacy.

I am worried about how this will turn out. So I would like some information on things I need to do to help me.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

I am being investigated for indecent exposure with a minor. I need to know what steps I need to take as well as information reguarding potential penalties.

I was staying with the plaintiff in my case when I moved to this state. While she was out of town I went out and drank too much and brought home a member of the opposite sex and some of my fluids had landed on her 2 month old childs blanket. Sparking the plaintiff to investigate. She contacted police and they had notified me that the child was sleeping in his crib at the time I brought this woman home. I was not aware the child was on his crib due to my alcohol induced state when returning home. The investigators reviewed the nanny cam, which I wasnt also not aware was in the room. Based on that evidence it became clear that I could not be charged with a more serious crime. As, a result they are investigating me for indecent exposure in front of a minor.

I am just under investigation, but have tried to gather information to help with this and have so far failed. Only thing I believe I did wrong was having a woman over and not paying attention to who or what was in the room. I was offered the room by the plaintiff that I could use for some privacy.

I am worried about how this will turn out. So I would like some information on things I need to do to help me.

So the room you had sex in, was your designated room or the child's room?

sandyclaus

I can see a couple of issues here.

First and foremost, if you were there with a date, where was the mother at this time? And why had she allegedly left her 2-month-old child alone with someone who was intoxicated? Why on earth would she allow you and your date to use the room for privacy while her infant child was sleeping therein?

The second issue is, if you WERE the only adult at home while the child was there, what were you doing bringing a date in and engaging in sexual activity while you were in charge of the child?

The best thing you can do to protect yourself right now is to hire an attorney. Have them advise you on the best course of action from this point forward.

And, IMHO, I wouldn't be terribly concerned about allegedly having sex in front of the 2-month-old child. It's not like he's old enough to know what was going on, or even coherent enough to get confused about it. I'm absolutely sure that they aren't the first 2-month-olds who were exposed to someone (usually their parents) sneaking in a little physical loving when they thought their baby was sleeping in the same room. I'd be far more concerned about it if this were a much older child.

OHRoadwarrior

With a lawyer and a jury trial I see this going nowhere. I can't imagine less than 40% of the population has not had sex in front of a 2 month old.

Proserpina

Bodily fluids landed on the baby's blanket?

I feel nauseated even asking this, but was the blanket WITH the baby in the crib at the time?

dave33

If you have not been charged , you cannot say what you are being investigated for. I cannot see how fluids got on a childs blanket. You better get a lawyer or two.

Also, I agree with Swalsh411 and Proserpina, this is a sickening situation.

jpaul

Let me clear things up:

I was at the bar till 2in the morning,Brought the girl home,smoked a cigarette and then snuk in sort of speak.I assumed my nephew was in my sistersroom with my brother in law at the time and took the girl into the room and had sex.We finished up she left and i had a lot of explaining to do.Needless to say she put a order of protection on me.
To anwser the question about how my dna ended up on his blanket and crib,my. nephew has several of these bankets scattered all over his room,including the one i used for the make shift bed i had made on the floor.I threw the blanket over the crib to find my phone and then once i found it i went to sleep..
Look i know this looks and sounds really bad but i promise its the way everything happened...i don't need any judgmental comments and i can't afford an attorney..i just wanna know what to expect if i do get charged with something

LdiJ

I was at the bar till 2in the morning,Brought the girl home,smoked a cigarette and then snuk in sort of speak.I assumed my nephew was in my sistersroom with my brother in law at the time and took the girl into the room and had sex.We finished up she left and i had a lot of explaining to do.Needless to say she put a order of protection on me.
To anwser the question about how my dna ended up on his blanket and crib,my. nephew has several of these bankets scattered all over his room,including the one i used for the make shift bed i had made on the floor.I threw the blanket over the crib to find my phone and then once i found it i went to sleep..
Look i know this looks and sounds really bad but i promise its the way everything happened...i don't need any judgmental comments and i can't afford an attorney..i just wanna know what to expect if i do get charged with something
So you could have accidentally thrown the blanket over the face of the sleeping two month old?...thus possibly suffocating the child? You dodged a HUGE bullet there.

anearthw

Sorry, but you really need an attorney. The offense is just too serious to not get one.

Your story makes sense, something that a drunk younger brother might do, although I'm surprised this baby didn't wake up at all during this (then again, mine were always awful sleepers). Regardless, you will need an attorney.

swalsh411

If you haven't been charged, say nothing to the police except "I will not answer any questions." Do not try to explain what happened or talk your way out of it.

jpaul

Luckily for me,my sister had installed one of those nanny cams and was able to see that nothing went on as far as me and my nephew.So my story checks out,now its a question of what happens next?am i goina be a sex offender even though i was completely unaware of the situation?
And I've already talked to the police after i was arrested.I've got nothing to hide.I told them what happened,they saw the tape so I'm good to go as far as being honest.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
And I've already talked to the police after i was arrested.I've got nothing to hide.I told them what happened,they saw the tape so I'm good to go as far as being honest.
In other words, you've already admitted to the crime that you are charged with. Congratulations.

justalayman

I was staying with the plaintiff in my case when I moved to this state. While she was out of town I went out and drank too much and brought home a member of the opposite sex and some of my fluids had landed on her 2 month old childs blanket. Sparking the plaintiff to investigate. She contacted police and they had notified me that the child was sleeping in his crib at the time I brought this woman hom
so, just who was watching the child while the mother was out of town? Does the mother normally leave the child unattended in their crib while she goes out of town?

If there were others watching the child, what is the importance of stating your friend was out of town?

ed a cigarette and then snuk in sort of speak.I
you snuck in why? If you were allowed to stay there, why would one have to sneak in?

some of my fluids had landed on her 2 month old childs blanket. Sparking the plaintiff to investigate.
so she could determine is was not slobber, food, or beverage the child had? Sounds like somebody caught you in the middle of your date with Fisty Palmer.

The investigators reviewed the nanny cam, which I wasnt also not aware was in the room. Based on that evidence it became clear that I could not be charged with a more serious crime. As, a result they are investigating me for indecent exposure in front of a minor.
a more serious crime? Like this is not serious enough for you?

Last edited:

swalsh411

And a lot of people who thought the exact same thing are sitting in prison. (and wouldn't be if they had kept their mouth shut)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">