• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bench_warrant

What is the name of your state? California

Got a dui about a year ago and failed to go to the AA meetings. dui program (3 months), and pay the fees. Got a new job that required finger prints and was told I am on probation with the courts. So I called the courts and was told I had my fines sent to collections and had a bench warrant. I asked if that ment if I was going to be arrested the lady said she doesnt know. I am supposed to go in monday to talk to the judge. This is my first offense.

Basically my question is this. What are my chances of being arrested when I go in Monday. thanks.

racer72

Make sure you have enough cash to pay your fines would be the easiest way to avoid arrest. If you don't, it will all be up to the judge, hope he/she is in a good mood.

CdwJava

bench_warrant said:
What is the name of your state? California

Got a dui about a year ago and failed to go to the AA meetings. dui program (3 months), and pay the fees. Got a new job that required finger prints and was told I am on probation with the courts. So I called the courts and was told I had my fines sent to collections and had a bench warrant. I asked if that ment if I was going to be arrested the lady said she doesnt know. I am supposed to go in monday to talk to the judge. This is my first offense.

Basically my question is this. What are my chances of being arrested when I go in Monday. thanks.
It all depends. Most counties don't want to waste jail space and money to put you behind bars for this sort of thing - unless it is a habit.

You might get lucky with a new court date where you will have to show compliance ... or, you might get hauled in.

If you have a Probation officer, you might ask him or her what they are recommending. If you are on summary probation, it's hard to say what might happen.

- Carl

pmccrite

missouri

a bench warrent is an active warrent, they normally will not go out and look for a person with this kind of warrent. If I were you I would get on the phone, set up your classes, go pay for them, get receipt for payment, and before you see the judge go to the clerk and pay all fines, and get receipts. You need to do this before you see the judge, He still won't be real happy with you, but will see that you have complied with the court order. And they don't seem to mind that you just payed it 5 minutes before they called your name. Now its paid! Now your have full intentions of completing the classes,
this is what he wants to see. Go in empty handed, He will be real upset with you. Get to moving your running out of time...........Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">