• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

april79

What is the name of your state?MD,
I have found out that I have bench warrant out in nj for my arrest. the reason for this bench warrant is because I didnt show up for courts. At first my cases were heard in union county nj then they transfered the case to essex county nj in June 05 because that is where the father resides. Ever since this transfer I dont know where the courts are mailing my notices. I even called the probation officer for childsupport and she couldnt help me with anything at all she was very unhelpful. I had to take it upon my self to figure out from md on the phone for like 2 hrs why i had this warrant and where were they sending my notices for court hearings. This is not fair at all. I dont think i should have to turn myself in for the courts dumb mistakes. How do I go about living with my 5 year old son up until i go to my next court date which will be in Nov 28. what happens if I get pull over with my son, not only that they even held childsupport payments which is also not cool I mean I do have a son and the child should never have to suffer. this whole this is completley appauling, embarrasing, I am not a criminal so but I am being treated like one this is not my fault !!! someone please HELP!!!!!!

smutlydog

april79 said:
What is the name of your state?MD,
I have found out that I have bench warrant out in nj for my arrest. the reason for this bench warrant is because I didnt show up for courts. At first my cases were heard in union county nj then they transfered the case to essex county nj in June 05 because that is where the father resides. Ever since this transfer I dont know where the courts are mailing my notices. I even called the probation officer for childsupport and she couldnt help me with anything at all she was very unhelpful. I had to take it upon my self to figure out from md on the phone for like 2 hrs why i had this warrant and where were they sending my notices for court hearings. This is not fair at all. I dont think i should have to turn myself in for the courts dumb mistakes. How do I go about living with my 5 year old son up until i go to my next court date which will be in Nov 28. what happens if I get pull over with my son, not only that they even held childsupport payments which is also not cool I mean I do have a son and the child should never have to suffer. this whole this is completley appauling, embarrasing, I am not a criminal so but I am being treated like one this is not my fault !!! someone please HELP!!!!!!
Just to clarify what you are saying
You have a warrant out for your arrest in NJ. This is a failure to appear warrant involving non payment of child support. Correct?

C

checkfraudguy

that sucks

In my many years dealing with "the system", I have learned one thing. Ignorance is no excuse for anything. Read my post about check and wire fraud. No matter what the excuse is, you're guilty. Thats the system we live in. Its ****ty, but what are you gonna do about it? An attorney could probably have the FTA warrant lifted, and keep you out of jail until your court date. But at the court date, without a good attorney, watch them give you more time on probation more fines etc. Its all about money. Money is what makes the world go around. In the old days a man litterally had to "bring home the bacon." Now we bring home the dollars to buy the bacon. Its supposed to be a more civilized system but it has its faults too. Once you're in the system for something, youre guilty until proven innocent. Get used to it, you have alot to learn about this screwy system we have.

april79

I am receiving childsupport from the father my son lives with me in maryland. The father lives in NJ. During Jun 05 the case was transferred from one county to another and since that point the new court has sent out notices to the wrong addresses. As a result I didnt arrive to the appearances because i didnt know anything about the notices. So now the have a warrant out for my arrest and they said I will still have to turn myself in but the need to be the ones to fix it because it is their fault the old courts has all my correct information and I never had any problems showing for court appearances until they transfered it. so I dont know how they got the addresses mixed up. I shouldnt be treated like a criminal just because the courts screwed up.

smutlydog said:
Just to clarify what you are saying
You have a warrant out for your arrest in NJ. This is a failure to appear warrant involving non payment of child support. Correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">