• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Glenn32881

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I recently recieved 4 misdimeanor charges in the mail from Pa. I live in Texas. If I miss the court date will they come after me or suspend my licence? And If I get stopped, will a warrant from Pa. show? If so, will I be sent back to Pa?

FlyingRon

Chances are they will not come after you, however, I do know some guys in the prosecutors office who love to take road trips. Whether they will suspend your license depends what the misdemeanors are. The warrant will however likely eventually get to Texas and if you are ever stopped and run, they will hold you until PA decides whether they want you or not. It could get inconvenient in a hurry.

You should engage a lawyer in the county you're charged in. He perhaps can work to minimize the number of appearances you have to make.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">