• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bench warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Transfer? I don't know what that means really.

If the warrant is issued then it will get entered into NCIC and if you get stopped in another state by the police you and your melons will be arrested.

acmb05

Transfer? I don't know what that means really.

If the warrant is issued then it will get entered into NCIC and if you get stopped in another state by the police you and your melons will be arrested.
Actually more than likely what will happen is they will call the jurisdiction where the warrant was issued and ask if they are going to extradite. If the answer is no they would be let go. Most places will not arrests you on a warrant from another state (sometimes even city if the state is large enough and the crime petty enough) unless the jurisdiction where the warrant was taken out is willing to come and get you.

On the down side to that there are so many private transportation companies now that it is likely to happen more often. Of course you would be charged for all the transportation costs and don't expect to be flown back either. You will be placed in a van, handcuffed, in a small cage and driven back to wherever they need to take you. Depending on how far it is it could take as much as two weeks to get you back.

Major Issues

Actually more than likely what will happen is they will call the jurisdiction where the warrant was issued and ask if they are going to extradite. If the answer is no they would be let go. Most places will not arrests you on a warrant from another state (sometimes even city if the state is large enough and the crime petty enough) unless the jurisdiction where the warrant was taken out is willing to come and get you.

On the down side to that there are so many private transportation companies now that it is likely to happen more often. Of course you would be charged for all the transportation costs and don't expect to be flown back either. You will be placed in a van, handcuffed, in a small cage and driven back to wherever they need to take you. Depending on how far it is it could take as much as two weeks to get you back.
In fact they will not take you back to where you were arrested at in the other state. You will have to find your own way to get back.

Trust me been there done that. Best way would be to turn yourself in, but make sure you have the proper transportation to get back home. I know people who been there, and it just happened to me today.

acmb05

In fact they will not take you back to where you were arrested at in the other state. You will have to find your own way to get back.

Trust me been there done that. Best way would be to turn yourself in, but make sure you have the proper transportation to get back home. I know people who been there, and it just happened to me today.
Ummm yea, I don't think so. They are not going to go through the trouble of arresting you and then let you go so you can go back to the state the warrant is out of. If you are extradicted you will get transported.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I have picked people up on California warrants here in New York and have been requested to hold them for extradition. It all depends on what the warrant is for.

In addition, if I stop someone and they pop on a warrant they get cuffed and put in the back of my car. If it takes more than a few minutes for my dispatcher to get a hold of someone at the originating agency then the subject is going to be transported, their car impounded, and they'll be sitting in a cell for a while. If this happens at midnight on a Friday then it could be that Ms. Melons will be sitting in a cell all weekend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">