• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdub3180

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

I HAVE A BENCH WARRANT IN COOK COUNTY IL. FOR A MISDEMEANOR CRIME. I RECENTLY MOVED TO LONG BEACH CA. DO I HAVR TO WORRY ABOUT POLICE HERE? ALSO DO I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THEM SHIPPING ME BACK TO COOK COUNTY?

CdwJava

Having a warrant can prevent you from obtaining gainful employment, prevent access to government supported loans and services such as welfare, student aid, loans, or even SSI, and can result in unwanted and prolonged police contacts.

No one can say whether IL will extradite you or not. I imagine not, but the warrant will NOT go away on its own. You will have to take care of it one day or continue to live as a fugitive.

latigo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

I HAVE A BENCH WARRANT IN COOK COUNTY IL. FOR A MISDEMEANOR CRIME. I RECENTLY MOVED TO LONG BEACH CA. DO I HAVR TO WORRY ABOUT POLICE HERE? ALSO DO I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THEM SHIPPING ME BACK TO COOK COUNTY?
Another warrant should be issued for a literary misdemeanor . . . the plebeian use of harsh upper case!

For which extradition should apply. To the other, it doesn’t.

OHRoadwarrior

Sometimes, you will be detained for a few weeks each time you come in contact with law enforcement, to allow IL a chance to pick you up. Usually, it is just long enough to get fired and then evicted.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">