• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bean10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? colorado

My boyfriend has a bench warrant out for failure to appear. His ex didn't tell him he had received a notice in the mail to go to court and missed the court date. He was originally charged with criminal mischief for when he got mad and punched a wall. It says on the county website that he has a fine but it won't let him pay it because of the warrant. If he goes and pays the fine, will the bench warrant get dropped? He wants to turn himself in but is concerned about going to jail because he could lose his job. If he pays the fine, will he still have to go to jail and for how long? Thanks

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? colorado

My boyfriend has a bench warrant out for failure to appear. His ex didn't tell him he had received a notice in the mail to go to court and missed the court date. He was originally charged with criminal mischief for when he got mad and punched a wall. It says on the county website that he has a fine but it won't let him pay it because of the warrant. If he goes and pays the fine, will the bench warrant get dropped? He wants to turn himself in but is concerned about going to jail because he could lose his job. If he pays the fine, will he still have to go to jail and for how long? Thanks
I am not addressing the legal issue. But will suggest you dump this guy.

If Boyfriend has a legal question he should ask for himself.
Best of luck to you Bean.
Blue

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">