• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bench warrant error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lil jug

What is the name of your state?Tennessee

I recently was arrested on a bench warrant for failure to appear on a court date I knew nothing about. They finger printed me, took my mug, etc. I post bond and when I get to court on monday they tell me the warrant was issued in error. I want to know what I need to do to get my clean record back because i have never been arrested before. I believe this will give me a criminal record. Oh yeah, it was dismissed but do I still have a record?

thanrah1

Bench warrant dismissed

You have an arrest record that shows the case dismissed. It is a public record that will probably pop up by those inquiring about you, i.e. potential employers.
I don't know if it will ever completely disappear but you should at least try to get it sealed/expunged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">