• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench warrant inquiry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dot_info

This is regarding a DUI I was convicted of in California in 2010. I payed more than half of my fine and completed the mandated treatment program, however after moving out of state I failed to continue paying off the remainder of my fine due to severe financial strain. I am now back in California and want to ramify this situation and pay off the rest of my fine, however I now have a bench warrant out and am apprehensive to approach the courts out of fear of being incarcerated. Here is what I found online searching for my case:

W CHARLES BRADLEY, C-COMMISSIONER
CLERK: D3106-DAISY CENTENO
DEFENDANT NOT PRESENT.
-
IT BEING ALLEGED THAT DEFENDANT HAS FAILED TO COMPLY WITH TERM 2 OF HIS/HER PROBATION ORDER.
COURT ORDERS PROBATION REVOKED.
CASE CUSTODY - FUGITIVE
============= MINUTE ORDER END ================

My question is, how should I contact the court and if I am able to pay off the entirety of my balance will I still be looking at doing time? Any information is appreciated, thank you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This is regarding a DUI I was convicted of in California in 2010. I payed more than half of my fine and completed the mandated treatment program, however after moving out of state I failed to continue paying off the remainder of my fine due to severe financial strain. I am now back in California and want to ramify this situation and pay off the rest of my fine, however I now have a bench warrant out and am apprehensive to approach the courts out of fear of being incarcerated. Here is what I found online searching for my case:

W CHARLES BRADLEY, C-COMMISSIONER
CLERK: D3106-DAISY CENTENO
DEFENDANT NOT PRESENT.
-
IT BEING ALLEGED THAT DEFENDANT HAS FAILED TO COMPLY WITH TERM 2 OF HIS/HER PROBATION ORDER.
COURT ORDERS PROBATION REVOKED.
CASE CUSTODY - FUGITIVE
============= MINUTE ORDER END ================

My question is, how should I contact the court and if I am able to pay off the entirety of my balance will I still be looking at doing time? Any information is appreciated, thank you.
I would expect to at least spend SOME time in jail...even if just for booking. I would suggest that you seek out the services of an attorney.

FlyingRon

Generally revoked probation means you're going to jail unless you can get the revocation challenged. You're going to need an attorney as you appear to have intentionally and knowingly violated the conditions of your parole and absconded. When you can't pay (and the past tense is paid, not payed unless you're referring to distributing rope), you're expected to work it out with the probation office NOT run away and hide.

The word you're looking for is also rectify.

You can certainly call the probation department and see if you can clear yourself by paying the fees, but you have to understand YOU ARE IN deeper doodoo than not paying the fees. You absconded from probation and there are possible sanctions for that.

dot_info

Thank you Zigner that was very helpful. FlyingRon I honestly don't see how your neurotic need to correct my grammar is constructive in assisting me, it seems more about some instability regarding your own inflated ego, thanks anyway.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Thank you Zigner that was very helpful. FlyingRon I honestly don't see how your neurotic need to correct my grammar is constructive in assisting me, it seems more about some instability regarding your own inflated ego, thanks anyway.
Grammar? Try your complete butchering of the English language. I'd love to see you go before a judge and tell him or her that you want to "ramify" the situation.

Ron gave you sound advice and very gently corrected your errors. It's gets very tiring trying to read and understand the complete drivel that some posters put out there. Get over yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">