• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench Warrants across state lines.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kandiked

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma Last week, during spring break, some friends and I went down to South Padre Island, TX. My first night down there I was issued a Minor in posession (I am 18 years old) at one of the local night clubs. In addition to that citation, on our way back I was stopped on the highway (still in Texas, near San Antonio) and issued a speeding violation as well. I've been told be a few friends to ignore the tickets and stay out of Texas for the next few years. But how foolish would I feel if that was a drastic mistake? I want to know what will happen if I completely and totally ignore these tickets, and what sort of consequences will result. Do the bench warrants expire ever? Would a bench warrant in Texas be potentially troublesome in my home state of Oklahoma? I know very little about how these things work, and would appriciate any advice.

S

seniorjudge

MovinSouth said:
Don't ignore this, go to court, if you ignore this it will always be over your head, like a dark cloud.
....I agree....

F

Fat Tony

Legally, judge and the other guy are right. Realistically, if they're misdemeanors, especially the traffic, just stay out of Texas. I dont see them extraditing you simply because of a misdemeanor, non-violent warrant, especially not across state lines. It just wont happen. But if you ever do go back to Texas, take care of them right away, or risk the death penalty. I think they still hang people down there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">