• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench Warrants and probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdetommaso

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

Ok so, a few years ago my boyfriend got arrested and went to jail so now he's on probation. But, about a month ago he got two speeding tickets and didn't pay for them and then got a court date and didn't go and then got another court date and didn't go. So now there's a bench warrant out for his arrest. He is meeting with his probation officer on wednesday and I want to know if they will arrest him when he goes to probation and what kind of way he can get out of going back to jail.

Proserpina

Ok so, a few years ago my boyfriend got arrested and went to jail so now he's on probation. But, about a month ago he got two speeding tickets and didn't pay for them and then got a court date and didn't go and then got another court date and didn't go. So now there's a bench warrant out for his arrest. He is meeting with his probation officer on wednesday and I want to know if they will arrest him when he goes to probation and what kind of way he can get out of going back to jail.

We can't guess that - but ignoring the court's orders is pretty blatant proof that he has absolutely no respect for the law.

But I'm sure you don't need to be told that your boyfriend made some utterly moronic decisions.

OHRoadwarrior

He actually wanted to go back to jail so bad he did not pay traffic tickets!!! I suspect you will be spending Xmas and New Years with another boyfriend.

dave33

I highly doubt jail is in his future because of this issue. I have never heard of traffic court violating probation. goodluck.

davew128

I highly doubt jail is in his future because of this issue. I have never heard of traffic court violating probation. goodluck.
The violation isn't for the traffic tickets. Its for the FTA for not addressing it. Reading is fundamental.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">