• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench warrent in Kansas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

djh50

What is the name of your state? Missouri. I have been notifited by my atty. that a bench warrent has been issued for me on Kansas. I am charged with a probation violation. The original crime was domestic battery. I served over 2 months of a 6 month sentence. I DID violate my probation in the state of Missouri by being arrested for Excessive blood alcohol content. The original crime of domestic battery is a misdemeanor. Will Kansas pursue me in the state of Missouri, do they have any jurisdiction here?

JETX

djh50 said:
Will Kansas pursue me in the state of Missouri
Pursue you?? Nope. Will they enter your warrant in the NCIC system (eventually)?? Possibly.

do they have any jurisdiction here?
Nope. But if your warrant is in the NCIC and you are stopped ANYWHERE... the want/warrant will pop up, you will be arrested, your car towed, impound fees accrued, etc. And guess what, all that excitement usually happens as the WORST possible moment.... and you get to explain your missing day of work (in jail) to your employer!!! Depending on your job, that is always fun!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">