• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BF has warrent: I don't know what my legal position would be?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cel66

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? ID

Current situation:
A warrant for BF. He walked out of Pre Sentence Investigation (he feels that what he did doesn’t justify what he is facing.)
He is living at my house. I have gone to stay w/ friend. I get stressed and scared about being in my house. I’m afraid if Police come to door, I don’t want to answer the door. If I do, I would have to lie or tell the truth, which I don’t want to do either. It has been 3 weeks. In this time the situation between he & I escalates. He tells me I’m ridiculous for running to friends. I should be there to protect him (he believes I have caused the whole problem by going to the police in the first place- long story.) The longer I stay away the angrier he gets. I become more paralyzed—in my thinking and in my actions.

Sunday: the police are now more involved. Another lady that is also staying here at my friend’s house was at a bar, when BF went in. They got into it and it ended up with her calling the police filing a complaint. She told them that he has been hiding out at my house so they wanted to ask me if they had permission to enter my home if they felt that he was in there. I didn’t know what to do. I wasn’t sure if I would be in trouble for harboring a fugitive if I said no, so I said yes. I did say that I did not want them to search the house and they said it was only permission to enter if they found him in the house. Now BF wants me call police to tell them I don’t want them to enter my home. He wants to be able to remove his belongings. I need some advice, please!

outonbail

cel66 said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? ID

Current situation:
A warrant for BF. He walked out of Pre Sentence Investigation (he feels that what he did doesn’t justify what he is facing.)
He is living at my house. I have gone to stay w/ friend. I get stressed and scared about being in my house. I’m afraid if Police come to door, I don’t want to answer the door. If I do, I would have to lie or tell the truth, which I don’t want to do either. It has been 3 weeks. In this time the situation between he & I escalates. He tells me I’m ridiculous for running to friends. I should be there to protect him (he believes I have caused the whole problem by going to the police in the first place- long story.) The longer I stay away the angrier he gets. I become more paralyzed—in my thinking and in my actions.

Sunday: the police are now more involved. Another lady that is also staying here at my friend’s house was at a bar, when BF went in. They got into it and it ended up with her calling the police filing a complaint. She told them that he has been hiding out at my house so they wanted to ask me if they had permission to enter my home if they felt that he was in there. I didn’t know what to do. I wasn’t sure if I would be in trouble for harboring a fugitive if I said no, so I said yes. I did say that I did not want them to search the house and they said it was only permission to enter if they found him in the house. Now BF wants me call police to tell them I don’t want them to enter my home. He wants to be able to remove his belongings. I need some advice, please!
You should march on over to your house and take it back! Throw all his $hit out the front door and tell him you don't want to see him until he grows a set of balls and faces the music!

He's only postponing the inevitable, so tell him to man up and do whatever it is he has to do, so he can stop looking over his shoulder every thirty seconds.

If he refuses, drop him like a bad habit!

Now stop worrying yourself to death over this nonsense, it's his problem, let him deal with it! You can't change the past, so work towards a brighter future.

Start now!

CdwJava

Are you willing to go to jail over this jerk? If he is worth the loss of your freedom, then by all means lie to the cops and keep hiding him ... but remember that it only delays the inevitable as Outonbail said.

Since it's likely that he is not worth the loss of your freedom, I would ditto the suggestion that you give him the boot.

- Carl

cel66

BF has warrent: I don't know what my legal position would be?

Thank you very much for your responses.
I am still unclear on something. Was it the correct thing to do to give permission to the police to enter my home if they felt that he was in the house? If I would have said no, how would that have been interpreted?
I don’t believe he is staying at my house. I believe he has been there on occasion to grab up some of his stuff and leave.

CdwJava

cel66 said:
Thank you very much for your responses.
I am still unclear on something. Was it the correct thing to do to give permission to the police to enter my home if they felt that he was in the house? If I would have said no, how would that have been interpreted?
I don’t believe he is staying at my house. I believe he has been there on occasion to grab up some of his stuff and leave.
If you say no, they may think of you as being an accomplice in some way. You have a right to say no, but you might find yourself the subject of unwanted scrutiny.

- Carl

cel66

Thank you.
I didn't want to be"the subject of unwanted scrutiny". So I did do the right thing eventhough it was very difficult for me to do. This situation has me very frazzled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">