• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bond set on capias?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Missouri
My friend was looking up her ex on a website and saw something that said bond set on capias and he has a capias warrant. Is a capias warrant one that is only good in that state? What does bond set on capias mean? Thank you for your replies..

magic55 said:
Maybe you should try a dictionary. Try looking up words yourself.
A Capias warrant is a bench warrant. Start your quest into a dictionary below:

http://www.answers.com/topic/warrant
If you are looking for someone to belittle, to make yourself feel better, you should keep looking. I don't have time for your attitude.I am an adult. If you knew how to read, you would know that I was looking for CONFIRMATION that my description of a capias warrant was correct. I know what a warrant is. SO, if your going to be a jerk, at least know how to do it correctly and make sure you understand the post FIRST! If you could comprehend, you would know that my QUESTION was what did bond set on capias mean. I HAD looked up capias. It did not help me to determine what bond set on capias meant. Next time have a little respect for yourself by NOT making yourself look illiterate.

capias ad respondendum
Variants:eek:r capias

['ka-pe-es-ad-'re-spän-'den-dem, 'kä-pe-'äs-äd-'ra-spôn-'den-dûm]

Medieval Latin, you may seize (the person) to (make him/her) answer the charge

: a writ or process commanding an officer to place a person under civil arrest in order to answer a charge

capias ad satisfaciendum
[-'sa-tis-'fa-she-'en-dem, -'sä-tis-'fä-ke-'en-dûm]

Medieval Latin, you may seize (the person) to (make him/her) satisfy (the claim)

: a writ or process commanding an officer to place a person (as a debtor) under civil arrest until a claim is satisfied

Now for anyone who would like to comment in an adult manner, I am wondering if bond set on capias means that bond will be set when they arrest him correct? Because all the other times it has a bond amount listed on the docket entry. Thank you to all who respond.

magic55

ahhhh Then why did u even make this thread Its a legal advice forum. not a legal definition forum. U answer ur own question.

Last edited:
magic55 said:
ahhhh Then why did u even make this thread Its a legal advice foru,. not a legal definition forum. U answer ur own question.
Do you have a problem with English? Because I can help you with that.;) When you ask a question, you really should put a question mark after it. I wanted someone to ADVISE me if I am correct or not. I have found that the majority, excluding you, of people on here are friendly and very willing to share their knowledge without being juvenile. SO, have a nice day! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">