• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bounty Hunter Laws in Missouri

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find laws on what bounty hunters can and cannot do? I have looked but apparently I am not searching right. Thank you for all your help.

CdwJava

howamidoing said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find laws on what bounty hunters can and cannot do? I have looked but apparently I am not searching right. Thank you for all your help.
Specifically, what did a bounty hunter do that you think might be objectionable?

- Carl

magic55

Bounty hunters do not have to follow the same laws as law enforcement officers. Such as they dont need warrants.

Betty

I, too, would like the answer to Carl's question. The regulation of bounty hunters is not the same in every state. They are sometimes libel for property damage & injuries they caused. There are usually age restrictions & various hiring & licensing practices.

racer72

In most states, bounty hunters are licensed as private detectives. If you watched "Dog, The Bounty Hunter", you would know this. That should make your search for info a bit easier.

BailBondWoman

What Rights a Bail Bondsman Has

Each State has its own surety recovery laws. There are also federal laws that prevail. Each state also has laws governing licensing requirements. In the state of Missouri if you google RSMo you will be able to type in Surety Recovery and find a lot of laws. You must however remember that you need to know the difference in licensing. One license is solely for recovery and held by a bounty hunter whereas, a bail bondsman is not only a bondsmen but a recovery agent as well. A bondsmen is not required by law to hold a recovery license. A bondsmen has the power of both a bondsmen and a bounty hunter. I hope that this helps.

I do not answer private messages. I am not an attorney.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Each State has its own surety recovery laws. There are also federal laws that prevail. Each state also has laws governing licensing requirements. In the state of Missouri if you google RSMo you will be able to type in Surety Recovery and find a lot of laws. You must however remember that you need to know the difference in licensing. One license is solely for recovery and held by a bounty hunter whereas, a bail bondsman is not only a bondsmen but a recovery agent as well. A bondsmen is not required by law to hold a recovery license. A bondsmen has the power of both a bondsmen and a bounty hunter. I hope that this helps.

I do not answer private messages. I am not an attorney.
This thread is two and a half years old.
Please don't necropost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">