• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boyfriend has arrest warrant!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Madonnah

I am in michigan.

The police came to my house looking for my boyfriend who does not live here because they have an arrest warant for child support. They caught me pulling into my driveway and questioned me and I told them he was not here. They then wanted to come look inside my house and I asked them if they had a search warrant and they said no so I refused to let them in. They then accused me of him being inside the house and harassed me to try to let them in for at least 30 minutes until I said I was going to the store and got in my car and left. They have been over to my house at least 15 times since then knocking on my door and I would just not answer it because of the last time I talked to them. I do not wish to talk to them anymore. They have seen my kids outside one day and was asking them if their bikes in the driveway was stolen. Today while I am at work he followed my son home from the store (he is 16 yrs old) and when he was walking in the house they came up behind and asked if he could come in and look for my boyfriend and my son let him in my house without my permission. Is there anything I can do to keep them away from my house? Can I file some kind of law suit against the police department for this one cop harassing me? Is my child allowed to let the police into my house when I am not home? He is scaring me! What can I do to make this stop? I am a single parent and live alone with my children and I feel like he is stalking us.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">