• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brandishing a Firearm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Breeah

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My son which is 22, He and his wife have been harrassed by a resident of the same apartment complex....
Last night my son seen him pull up and he said Im going to go talk to him and get this to stop.
I heard yelling and stepped out to see what was taking place.
I seen the man holding some sort of club,looked like a metal pipe with tape all around about 1/2 of it...My son was backing away..he backed him all the way to my son's pick up, My son looked in the pickup and there was a BB gun pistol on the seat where a friend of his had left it..he grabbed the bb gun and held it at his side..the man backed up and put the club down and my son tossed aside the bb gun which his wife brought into the apt,
The other man continued to threaten my son and told him that he was going to kill him useing horrible language, he kept screaming in my sons face.. my son hit the man and knocked him off his feet, when he hit him my son also stumbled and fell..The man jumped up and ran back and picked up his club again.. my son ran back into the apt grabbed a sword and grabbed the phone and called the police ..he never raised the sword or waved it up in a threatneing manner just held it standing his ground... when the police arrived.. they took both my son and the other man into custody, or so we thought.. they took the other man to the hosiptal to have his lips sewn up. while my son was taken to the police station... we all filed statements..I know this is a long post so to sum it up.. my son is in jail for Brandishing a Firearm and assault with a deadly weapon..while the other man is free to continue harassing my daughter in law..
the arresting officer said that is made no difference that it was a bb-gun that was a felony act and that the man didnt know it was a bb gun.., Am I totally off my rocker here wasnt my son defending himself? Why didnt they arrest the other man as well ? What are the penalties for these acts and what help can I give my son..
Thank You
Confused and scared..
:confused:

B

BB_Wolfe

Because your son went out to confront the guy (The guy with the blunt instrument), he was not in any immenent danger, so no self-defense theories.

The guy was actually defending HIMSELF against your son. When your son grabbed the (9MM?? the other guy didn't know) gun, thats strike one. When he grabbed the sword, thats strike two. He's lucky he's only being charged with the gun.

The right thing to do would have been for your son to run inside when the guy got the blunt object. Then call the police and sort things out.

Your son is RIGHT where he belongs. I hope he stays there for YEARS.

B

Breeah

-shakeshead-

BB_Wolfe said:
Because your son went out to confront the guy (The guy with the blunt instrument), he was not in any immenent danger, so no self-defense theories.

The guy was actually defending HIMSELF against your son. When your son grabbed the (9MM?? the other guy didn't know) gun, thats strike one. When he grabbed the sword, thats strike two. He's lucky he's only being charged with the gun.

The right thing to do would have been for your son to run inside when the guy got the blunt object. Then call the police and sort things out.

Your son is RIGHT where he belongs. I hope he stays there for YEARS.
#1 these are the responses/advice people give when there are are morons operating the keyboard.. with IQ's in the negetive intergers.
#2 no one said anything about a 9MM it was a bb gun you fool.
#3 The charges were dropped the DA laughed it out of the court room, because MY SON WAS ATTACKED
#4 Dont bother responding to this because I wont be back to read it.. this forum is a farce and should be taken down..

enjay

Breeah, you are far too thin skinned if you think that was harsh advice. Your son is going to continue to get into trouble if he behaves this way and you and everyone else in his life thinks it's ok.

We know it was a bb gun, however can you guarantee that the other guy knew it was? No, you can't, which is why your son went to jail.

B

BB_Wolfe

Sounds like your family is as disfunctional as they come!
or
'scuse me, sounds like yer famly be as diss-funcinoal as dey cum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">