• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breaking and Entering?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Snoopelite

Massachusetts

I was caught with two other kids a few night ago, breaking and entering into Motor vehicles and taking valuables inside, (Ipods, GPS). I was the only one who cooperated with the cops, telling them what we found and what cars we hit. I was extremely remourseful, and pretty much cried the whole time while i was in the cell waiting to get bailed out, (Which was 15 hours, because they had search warrants and ripped my house to peices.) I got bailed, and tommorow morning, I see a judge who descides my fate. now since I helped out, the detective i talked with said shed contact the ADA in my case and will tell them i cooperated. This is my first offence, and im waiting to shipout for the marines. What will happen, is my future with my military over? Will I go to jail? What will happen?

( I will regret doing this for the rest of my life, since now I have a black mark on my record.)What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

swalsh411

What will happen, is my future with my military over? Will I go to jail?
I hope so and I hope so.

Your cooperation with the police could actually make things worse since your accomplices could now more credibly claim you were the leader.

I would stop thinking of myself as "kid" to.

MikeKV

I hope so and I hope so.

Your cooperation with the police could actually make things worse since your accomplices could now more credibly claim you were the leader.

I would stop thinking of myself as "kid" to.
While I do not disagree with you the OP came onto this board for advice. Could you explain how stating your opinion (saying "I hope so") is helpful to the OP?

Snoopelite

I was 19, and just got arraigned, the attorney that they appointed me said for me to not say guilty, because saying guilty was just make me guilty of everything they charged me for.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Massachusetts

What will happen, is my future with my military over? (only U.S. law)?
Chances are high that you've now blown your chance at the military. But talk to your recruiter, let him (or her) know what's happened to get the most up-to-date answer on your chances of a morals waiver. And don't even THINK of lying about it. You will be caught.

MikeKV

Whose to say that some time in prison will not be helpful?
Again, I agree. Prison would help many offenders...but is that for you or I to decide on an internet board? That's not my point. My point is that OPs come to this board for answers and not for you or I to act as their counselors or parents for what they did right or wrong. Gee, if that was the case I'd be responding to 95% of the posts and telling others how they should live their lives.

swalsh411

Again, I agree. Prison would help many offenders...but is that for you or I to decide on an internet board?
I'm not deciding anything. I'm stating my opinion. That's all anybody here ever does. In my opinion, some jail time for a 19 year old ipod thief might be just what they need before the continue their life of crime and next time they break into occupied dwellings and somebody gets seriously hurt or killed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">