• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

brench warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

martha avila

What is the name of your state? California. My son got a DUI on feb.2006. He did not finish his DUI class so now he has a bench warrant for his arrest cause he did not show up to court. We got in touch with his lawyer and he said to meet him at the courthouse on tue. The cop came over our house to pick him up but thank god my son was not home. This mois the first time he has been in trouble and they drop the dui to a misnoumer. I am so scared that he will get arrested and have to do time. He does have a lawyer that help him on his DUI and now with this one. Has anyone been through this and if yes what happened? I don't want my son to go to jail.

m.a

CdwJava

It's unlikely that he will avoid at least a little jail time. As you were advised, he had his chance and he blew it ... judges tend to get miffed when they get dissed like that.

His attorney might be able to arrange a surrender and quick bail, if you can come up with the bail money. But, I suspect that a little shock therapy of jail time might clean up his act.

Oh, and before you ask, if it were MY son, I'd have dragged his butt to the jail myself.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">