• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brother falsely arrested, what can we do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mzking2u

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? IL

On Friday, my brother was home watching my son, as he was only in school for a half day. During the course of the day some kids stopped in the yard and started two dogs fighting. My brother came out and told them to get out of the yard with that mess. A couple of hours later, the police showed up, knocked on the door, and arrested my brother. The Police said that someone accused my brother of stealing a dog and the dog is in critical shape. My brother said it was not him, he had only left out for a minute and asked them to leave the yard. He was arrested. He has been in jail for 4 days now. Bail was set at $75,000 (10% is needed). He has went to Video court twice, but has not been able to get it reduced. Is this legal? My son says that my brother left the house for only 2 to 3 minutes the whole time that he was there. My brother is a neat freak and would never even touch a strange dog -- is there anything that we can do??

JETX

mzking2u said:
Is this legal?
Based solely on the information in your post, it would appear to be.

My son says that my brother left the house for only 2 to 3 minutes the whole time that he was there.
Presumably, your son will get a chance to offer that in court.

is there anything that we can do??
Yep. Get him a good defense attorney. With $75k bail, it sounds like there is far more to this story than your post reveals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">