• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

brother-in-law lied to obtain peace bond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ozzys_mom

What is the name of your state? virginia

My husband has a peace bond pending against him. My sister told her husband that my husband threatened to beat him up over money. This is a lie. What my husband said to my sister was "If he wants any money out of me he will have to beat me up to get it". This happened on 9/20/03. So a week after this had happened (I hadn't spoken to my sister or brother-in-law since the 20th) my brother-in-law called me to find out what was going on if my husband had indeed made a threat against him. I said no and told him what my husband had said. My brother-in-law said "I know your husband didn't threaten me we have always gotten along, never had a problem, and have always been civil to each other." He told me he knew his wife (my sister) was a liar and that she had lied again. Well I did not talk to them again after that. Then on 10/16/03 my husband was served with a warrant. We went to the sheriffs department and they fingerprinted him and took his picture and said the court date was 10/30/03. He was released on a $1,000 recoginance (sp?) bond. Well four days later my brother-in-law called my mother and said he lied on my husband and didn't know why he knew it was all a lie he just did it. What can I do??? We have to go to court Thursday. What are your suggestions???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">