• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

brought in for questioning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Debbieishere49

What is the name of your state? Illinois
My son was stopped in his Pickup Truck last night, and they towed his truck to impound yard. They took him to station for questioning on a burglary. I was questioned and found he had nothing to do with it. But they say he has to pay the towing fee to get his truck back. Can they do that, even though he was not guilty of anything?
Thank you for any help you can give me

Son of Slam

Debbieishere49 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois
My son was stopped in his Pickup Truck last night, and they towed his truck to impound yard. They took him to station for questioning on a burglary. I was questioned and found he had nothing to do with it. But they say he has to pay the towing fee to get his truck back. Can they do that, even though he was not guilty of anything?
Thank you for any help you can give me

Go to city hall or county courthouse or wherever they send you after you ask and fill out the papers for a refund.

D

Debbieishere49

Thank you for your help. Will check into it. I know the police said it would cost him $30 to get his truck out of empound, but it cost him $60. We have to wait till the officer that was on duty last night to get there at 10 tonight and question him on why they took his truck in the first place when he was never arrested, just questioned.
Thanks again

racer72

File a claim for reimbursement but do not be surprise if it is denied. The police department will claim that they had probable cause and that the impound was proper. Your next option would be to sue and do you really want to go through the hassle of suing the police department? Depending on the size of the jurisdiction, you could be looking at a legal hell for a couple of years over $60. It would be easier to just move on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">