• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA arraignment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

femcrim

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?CA 7 undercover agents came to my house w/o a warrant. They said they had calls from neighbors about traffic and they had received a "WeTip" call. I explained I had broken my foot and was bedridden. They pulled me and my daughters friend outside and held me on the street and arrested her for under the influence and put her in a police suv. We sat for 4 hours until one of the agents came back with a search warrant. They cite and released my daughters friend the next a.m. and o.r.'ed me the next night. I had a court date and the DA didn't file, but they have 15 days for whatever reason so I got another court date for then. I went to court and was told they still didn't file but had 3 years to do so and I was given a phone number to check back on. I just received a notice (at my ex-husbands house and not at the address that was given at the time of my arrest) that says the DA filed on my case and the new court date. Now according to this notice the DA filed the case 4 days before my previous court date, so why wasn't I seen then? I think they are harrassing me and are hoping I don't show so they can put out a bench warrant for me. They thought I was cooking dope when they raided my house without a warrant and were disappointed, so now they want to punish me for their mistake. What can I do? Thanks so much for any advice you can give me, and for taking your valuable time to do so.
P.S. I can fumble my way around a law library but need to be pointed in the right direction.

CdwJava

femcrim said:
What can I do?
I'd recommend an attorney. There are too many questions here to give much of an answer, but I can make all kinds of hypothesis as to why things happened the way they did.

An attorney can help you navigate this much better than you can do on your own. And if you cannot afford one, a public defender will be appointed for you.

- Carl

femcrim

Thanks Carl

Thanks for your advise. I'm going to the P.D.'s office tomarrow as a matter of fact. Hoping for the best, and thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">