• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cable Company - Illegal Search and Seizure?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dukes69

What is the name of your state? California

Long story short - Cable Company came into the residence and "confiscated" two Black Boxes (allows you to get all the channels). Now they sent out a letter demanding $10000 is restitution. Question: Is it legal for the Cable Guy to come into someones house and seize said boxes? No Law Enforcment was involved, just the cable guy.
Thank you
Chris

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dukes69 said:
What is the name of your state? California

Long story short - Cable Company came into the residence and "confiscated" two Black Boxes (allows you to get all the channels). Now they sent out a letter demanding $10000 is restitution. Question: Is it legal for the Cable Guy to come into someones house and seize said boxes? No Law Enforcment was involved, just the cable guy.
Thank you
Chris

My response:

Sure is legal. Especially when you let him in.

IAAL

mykoleary

You let the cable guy in when you knew you had black boxes???

Buwahhhaaa!

Did you offer him tea and crumpets too?

H

hexeliebe

I have GOT to start taking a chill pill....These idiots are starting to make sense :eek:

HomeGuru

Me too. I am watching a rerun of Rerun and my black box is not even plugged in.

Last edited:

JETX

Sorry, but I HAVE to ask......
"Is it legal for the Cable Guy to come into someones house and seize said boxes?"
*** How EXACTLY did the 'cable guy' get into your house??

D

dukes69

I was really looking for a simple answer.

One: it wasnt me, it was my sisters boyfriend

two: I dont know how he got in.

three: regardless, if he was let in, its legal, but if he was, then its not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">