• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Statue Of Limitation Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ffleoking

What is the name of your state?California - Can someone please advise me on the statue of limitation for Perjury? I am lost on how to even locate this info. as I am legally ignorant. Thank you for any help in this matter. Desperate. :eek:

One more issue at hand. Can someone PLEASE tell me or give me some info on a D.A. witness recantation after conviction? Thank you very much for any help and Happy holidays to you. :confused:

CdwJava

ffleoking said:
What is the name of your state?California - Can someone please advise me on the statue of limitation for Perjury? I am lost on how to even locate this info. as I am legally ignorant. Thank you for any help in this matter. Desperate. :eek:

One more issue at hand. Can someone PLEASE tell me or give me some info on a D.A. witness recantation after conviction? Thank you very much for any help and Happy holidays to you. :confused:
Depending on the nature of the perjury, I believe it is either one year or three years.

And if a witness recants their testimony, and THAT testimony was THE key piece of evidence that put them away (i.e. there was nothing or almost nothing else), you would have to get an attorney to file a motion for new trial or some other way to get the sentence vacated. However, this means that someone would have to confess to essentially commiting a felony.

And a witness having second thoughts about what they saw or said is a far cry from a bald-faced lie.

The defendant needs an attorney to evaluate the case and this change of circumstances.

- Carl

ffleoking

Thank you And May the New Year Be Yours

To: FreeAdvice Forums Mailer
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2004 8:15 PM
Subject: Re: Reply to post 'California Statue Of Limitation Please'

A warm Heart Greets You - Carl:

Thank you very much for responding and the advice that did help to see I need more looking into the matter on recantation. Also I would love to buy you a dbl _mocha and pastry of your choice. I truly am grateful for you tiime and input. Is there a way to order you the _mocha, etc? I would.

Sincerely Happy Holidays,

Fred

FreeAdvice Forums Mailer <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello ffleoking,

CdwJava has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - California Statue Of Limitation Please - in the Arrests, Searches, Warrants & Procedure forum of FreeAdvice Forums.

This thread is located at:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=210014&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Depending on the nature of the perjury, I believe it is either one year or three years.

And if a witness recants their testimony, and THAT testimony was THE key piece of evidence that put them away (i.e. there was nothing or almost nothing else), you would have to get an attorney to file a motion for new trial or some other way to get the sentence vacated. However, this means that someone would have to confess to essentially commiting a felony.

And a witness having second ! thoughts about what they saw or said is a far cry from a bald-faced lie.

The defendant needs an attorney to evaluate the case and this change of circumstances.

- Carl

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Yours,
FreeAdvice Forums team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/subscription.php?do=usub&t=210014

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Jazz up your holiday email with celebrity designs. Learn more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">