• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Calliing cops on me for spritzing water on a girl? good thing it wasnt the ice bucket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KinopioLove

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota
Me and my dad were walking out of our apt building when I saw this acquaintance whos owed me $25 for 5 months now(no contract) and doesn't even speak to me anymore(we're just neighbors so there's no background drama, I was just doing her a kind favor). I "accidentally" spilled 5 oz of Gatorade out of me 20oz bottle on her. I tried calmly walking away when her girlfriend that was with her continually kicked, punched, and swung a branch at my face. they called the cops. I didn't press charges because she didn't know what was going on. but I ended up getting a citation for disorderly conduct. I was the most orderly conducted person there. It was a "he said, she said" situation, 2 against 2. What should I do when I go to court? so unfair they didn't get a citation for assaulting me.
thank you, Adam

tranquility

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota
Me and my dad were walking out of our apt building when I saw this acquaintance whos owed me $25 for 5 months now(no contract) and doesn't even speak to me anymore(we're just neighbors so there's no background drama, I was just doing her a kind favor). I "accidentally" spilled 5 oz of Gatorade out of me 20oz bottle on her. I tried calmly walking away when her girlfriend that was with her continually kicked, punched, and swung a branch at my face. they called the cops. I didn't press charges because she didn't know what was going on. but I ended up getting a citation for disorderly conduct. I was the most orderly conducted person there. It was a "he said, she said" situation, 2 against 2. What should I do when I go to court? so unfair they didn't get a citation for assaulting me.
thank you, Adam
The quotes around your "accidentally" shows the only thing you should do, besides get an attorney, is to shut up.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Funny how in the subject line it's water and in the body of your post it's Gatorade.

Eekamouse

When you go before the judge, be sure to say it was accidental but then add the person you dumped liquid on happens to owe you $25. The judge will understand.

tranquility

...and don't forget the air-quotes when you say "accidental".
That's funny. Can you imagine?

"Your Honor", I "accidentally" squirted "water" on the "victim". I mean really, what reason could I have had. Besides, the "victim" owed me money and her friend assaulted me after my "accident" and I am upset the police did not arrest her for responding in anger or resentment to my "supposed" offensive conduct. As I look at my attorney, I must say again, "accidentally".

That being said, I suspect the OP already wrote his epitaph with his "confession" to the police at the scene. I bet his attorney will not have him dig deeper by testifying at trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">