• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can anyone give me advice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

onegoal

Hi. I post on a st. louis Blues message board, and there is this female poster who says Im stalking/harassing her cause I asked her out, and she said no. I only met her once at a game cause alot of posters from the Blues board post there. She told me she filed a police report with the county police. So what could the next step be? Does this mean the cops will come to my house? I never did anything to break the law. here is the link to the board. Shes a pretty girl, and I might have bugged her a bit, but her bf is ticked at me too! Can any officers give me any advice?

Link: http://www.stlouisbluesnews.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11060

S

ShuflY

I don't know much of anything regarding the law in this issue, but from my experiance with online personals and bulliten boards, I would think that she is bluffing. Most girls, even if they did not want to go out with you for whatever reason, would at least be flattered by the invitation, if in fact all you did was invite her out on a date. I would stop all communication with her and not worry about it unless the police contact you. Even if she did file a police report, if all you did was ask her out, I don't think there is much anyone can do about that. I do not think asking someone a question is the same as stalking them or harrassing them (as long as you asked once and no more.)

It really depends on how your communications with her went. Maybe someone else has better advise though...

A

angela3319

if I were you if there is any possible way of printing out any of the conversations you had with her that would help you in case the police do come knocking at your door. But it does depend on just how many times you asked and how many times she kept saying no on whether this is harrassment or not. I would stop all conversations with her.

HomeGuru

onegoal said:
Hi. I post on a st. louis Blues message board, and there is this female poster who says Im stalking/harassing her cause I asked her out, and she said no. I only met her once at a game cause alot of posters from the Blues board post there. She told me she filed a police report with the county police. So what could the next step be? Does this mean the cops will come to my house? I never did anything to break the law. here is the link to the board. Shes a pretty girl, and I might have bugged her a bit, but her bf is ticked at me too! Can any officers give me any advice?

Link: http://www.stlouisbluesnews.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11060
**A: good grief....

CdwJava

If the cops come calling, you tell them the truth - you tried to ask her out, she said no, you were persistent, but she still said no.

Leave her alone and let it go. If the cops don't contact you, chances are they don't care about it. Or, she didn't really report anything ... or, she did but there was no crime so the cops only made a note of the call.

Relax. And get a life away from the board.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">