• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can A Cop Pull You Over If You Make A Face At Them

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WyldeChylde

What is the name of your state?Michigan

Can a cop pull you over if you make a face at them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was cruising around with friends, whom i had been drinking with, when i saw an officer who had pulled over somebody. As we drove past, i looked at him and said "woooooo" and made a funny face.We continued on our way and stopped at Mcdonalds. Approximately 10 minutes later the cop pulled us over. The driver asked why we were being pulled over, and the cop said it was because of me. He asked me to step out of the vehicle, which i did.
He then asked me if i was drinking, and i said no. He kept asking me questions, which i answered, but would not answer why he had pulled us over. I refused a breathalyzer, and he gave me a ticket for refusing a PBT and a minor in possession charge. What should i do? I have prior alcohol charges, all of them minor in possessions, no drunk drivings or anything like that. Can I still get an mip if I refuse the breathalyzer? Thanks

racer72

MIP mean minor in possession, drinking has nothing to do with the charge. Nothing else in your post suggests the officer did anything illegal.

CdwJava

If you take it for court he will have to articulate the cause for the stop. It coul dbe that he saw someone lift a beer ... if the stop was 10 minutes AFTER you made a face at him, it's harder to argue that it was simply payback for disrespecting him. Had he stopped you IMMEDIATELY that argument might be stronger.

As it was, he might say that he saw someone drinking, or that by your behavior he felt that you might be intoxicated and the stop was conducted because he believed you to be a minor and drunk. That might not fly, but how much of a chance do you want to take?

On a side note it sounds like you have a drinking problem. Consider getting some help. Most people go their entire lives without getting stopped or cited for anything related to alcohol ... yet, in your case you have priors.

Think about it.

- Carl

AmosMoses

Can a cop pull you over if you make a face at them?
If you ride around drinking (underage) while making wierd faces and screaming WOOOOOWOOOOOOOOOO at police officers, I would be extremely surprised....no, I'd be shocked if you did NOT get pulled over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">