• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a criminal past be changed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

occy

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri (Jefferson County).

I'm currently 30 years old and was considering going into the military. The only problem is i have 3 felonies and 8 misdemenors :eek: . I was told that it might be possible to get my records changed to more favorable wording to help me enlist (the incidents occured over 10 years ago and resulted in a Suspended Impositoin of Sentence-which resulted in 5 years probation that was completed successfully). Any advice on this is greately appreciated.

CdwJava

The wording is standard based upon the offenses you were convicted of. You can TRY to get some of the records expunged or even seek a pardon for the offenses, but my guess is that by the time any of those succeed (and they probably won't) you will be too old to join the military.

Besides, as a convicted felon, how do you expect to be able to possess a firearm?

Carl

O

okamsrazor

You can not join the military with any felony convivtions as it is against the law for you to handle a firearm. Same if you have a domestic abuse conviction.

M

mrspotatohead

Talk to your recruiter, if they want you in bad enough they can make things go away.

BTW.....what is the nature of the felony?If the felonies involve are sexual in nature you will never get in.

JMHO

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">