• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can this be done

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunshine326

My son was arrested for possession, but he didn't have marijuana on him. He had thrown out the seed not thinking. The cop had asked where the seeds had gone, and was told they were thrown out. The cop then arrested him for possession. How can they arrest him for possession?​
What is the name of your state?IN :confused:

Jayleeb21

Yes they can, the seeds are considered part of the drug, and can be used as evidence. Because they saw him throw it, or if he told them he threw it.. they can use that against him.

calatty

But the corpus delicti rule bars him from being convicted based on his statement alone. Without the drugs, I don't see how they can convict him of possession.

outonbail

Buuuut honesty is the best policy!!!!
Only when your chopping down the Cherry tree, not when your smoking down the Hemp bush!

Obviously, you've only read history books that include the honerable stories of our nation's past hero's. People like George Washington and Johhny Appleseed.

Not many people are aware of their kin folk, Tyrone Washington or Johnny bad-seed

But to those who had the opportunity to read 'bout the old hood and the original Homies can tell ya,

It jus aint fo to be dat way!

BelizeBreeze

calatty said:
But the corpus delicti rule bars him from being convicted based on his statement alone. Without the drugs, I don't see how they can convict him of possession.
But the question was "How can they arrest him for possession?". and the answer, as you know, was his stupidity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">